WP8 Business models and commercialization
Based on ambitious targets and future technological capabilities, the work package will produce business model scenarios to stimulate and support future investments in new water efficient industrial production. The work package will support commercialisation of the business models nationally and internationally via the participating VAR/OEMs and value chains to other businesses in the four food processing sectors. The work package will also support commercialisation through targeted dissemination of technology and tools to other water consuming industries.
Objectives for WP8
- Identify key generic costs and value drivers influencing future water saving and value propositions for individual food processing sectors
- Develop a generic business model template for lighthouse projects and cooperative efforts (e.g. industrial symbiosis) that support business development while also reducing water resource usage and costs of operation in the long term
- Test and modify new business models in cooperation with both suppliers, relevant partners and buyers of water efficient solutions – in a national and international context
- Disseminate and commercialise solutions to the involved food processing sectors through OEM & VAR partners and relevant value chains
- Support commercialisation through dissemination of technology, tools and models to other industrial sectors through cooperation with representative organisations.